Role OverviewAs the Trainee Technical Marketing Associate you will work with the marketing team with responsibility for the production of marketing communications and price file, e-catalogue and CRM management. This role offers significant opportunities for career development and progression.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesMarketing communications
- Write, edit and proofread scientific content for web, social media, email and print
- Collaborate with graphic designers to produce artwork for web, email and print
- Identify appropriate content for promotion through social media channels
- Monitor website to ensure content accuracy
- Analyse email marketing to determine channel effectiveness
- Assist in the implementation of quarterly focuses
Price file & e-catalogue management
- Manage the receipt of new and updated price files from suppliers
- Clean up and categorise data as per Cambridge Bioscience requirements
- Update existing product data and add new products to Cambridge Bioscience system
- Liaise with Business Managers to improve product data provided by suppliers
- Check data meets e-catalogue data requirements and submit on a monthly basis
- Optimise data to be sent to e-catalogues based on each platforms requirements
- Investigate and set up Cambridge Bioscience on new e-catalogue platforms as required
CRM data management
- Manage data on CRM (SalesForce) including:
- Creating new accounts
- Merging duplicate leads/contacts/accounts/opportunities
- Creating/updating reports
- Managing dashboards
- Internal mapping
Person Specification- A Life Science Graduate with a degree and a Masters or a minimum of a year of laboratory or commercial science experience
- A passion for marketing communications and a desire to learn and progress
- The ability to distil complex scientific information into engaging and relevant copy specific to the audience and channel
- Exceptional attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- Strong Excel based data management, manipulation and reporting skills
- The ability to prioritise and manage many activities at the same time whilst meeting agreed timelines
- A strong work ethic and a positive, can-do attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills including well-developed listening, written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work with a degree of independence
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Apply for this role
Zenopa operate a Quality Management System (QMS) and we're audited to ensure an excellent quality of service.
We thoroughly prepare you for all interviews and obtain full, constructive feedback after you've met the client.
Support & Advice
Zenopa provide a constant service. There will always be someone at the end of the phone to answer your questions.
Recruitment with Integrity
We will always provide you with honest, professional advice and fully understand your career needs.
Our Customer Service standards are extremely high. We are highly recommended by 96% of clients and 98% of candidates.