A new opportunity has come up to work for a leading diagnostics company as a Technical Support Specialist.
If you have experience as a biomedical scientist, or technical support experience within the haematology/ Biochemistry market and are looking for an office based position, this may be the role for you.
This is a role intended to deliver of first line Applications, Hardware and IT support for incoming customer support requests. Provision of 'Connected and Remote' Technical assistance in both reactive and proactive situations. This is primarily a role to facilitate both pro-active and reactive support and diagnostics within the Technical Services Department. The Technical Support Specialist will work in conjunction with all Technical Services staff to provide customer satisfaction, minimizing instrument downtime and mitigating unnecessary on-site support. Through routine monitoring and remote diagnosis, the Technical Support Specialist will enhance the functional role of the Field Service Engineer and Application Specialist.
The Technical Support Specialists will dispatch on site requirements to the relevant team and in conjunction with the Service Administrator, ensure parts availability and support provision for field engineering staff. The role is office based, but may require infrequent travel to customer premises under the direction of Technical Services Manager.
- Customer and colleague support by phone and via remote desktop access to assist with Technical and IT based issues across all product lines.
- First point of contact for applications, hardware and IT support requests and technical enquiries arriving at the Service Office.
- Escalation of issues remotely detected: monitoring, remotely assisting and raising attended visits in accordance with departmental procedures and policies to Field Service Engineers, Application Specialist and Account Manager staff.
- Identify and assess customer´s needs to achieve satisfaction, suggesting solutions when a product malfunctions.
- Direct requests and unresolved issues to the designated internal resource to ensure proper customer service is being delivered.
- Reproduce customer specific problems related to reagents/applications in Headquarters.
Minimum Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- Bachelors level degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in an IT,
- Technical or Support related field, with a minimum of 36 months employment experience post education.
- Understanding of or experience working with In-Vitro Diagnostics equipment.
- A good team working background in a customer focused role
- IT literate
Minimum Skills and Capabilities:
- Scientific and/or Engineering technical competence advantageous
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Outstanding communication skills, both spoken and written
- Efficient planning and organisation capability
- Interest in problem solving and issue identification
- An active learner with a thirst for knowledge
- Keen attention to detail
- Positive and Helpful attitude.
Zenopa operate a Quality Management System (QMS) and we're audited to ensure an excellent quality of service.
We thoroughly prepare you for all interviews and obtain full, constructive feedback after you've met the client.
Zenopa provide a constant service. There will always be someone at the end of the phone to answer your questions.
We will always provide you with honest, professional advice and fully understand your career needs.
Our Customer Service standards are extremely high. We are highly recommended by 96% of clients and 98% of candidates.
For a salary applicable to you, please liaise directly with your respective Zenopa consultant.
So that when internet jobs searches are undertaken, Zenopa generates a min and max salary range. This range is just an industry based estimate, it does not represent the clients internal salary bands.