The role is covered in the following locations: Birmingham, Derby, Liverpool, Leicester, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Nottingham, Sheffield, York
Exciting Opportunity for a BSc educated and experienced scientist with a significant emphasis on Elemental or Molecular Spectroscopy and analytical chemistry.
Products: Elemental Spectroscopy, Molecular Spectroscopy & TOC Range (Including associated software packages)
Purpose of this Position:
The Spectroscopy & TOC Technical Specialist is responsible for supporting the continued growth of the companies UK's Spectroscopy and TOC Businesses by ensuring customer success with solutions.
This will be achieved by providing "Excellence in Science" when supporting customers across the UK. A high level of support will be provided to the companies Regional and Senior Business Specialists. The Technical Specialist will meet all company expectations for support excellence as well as providing a constructive, collaborative interface between field sales colleagues, our customers, office colleagues and the UK Sales Manager - Spectro & TOC.
• To ensure customer success with Spectroscopy & TOC solutions
• To support the pre and post Sales process to help the company achieve and exceed the Sales targets for the Spectroscopy & TOC product lines, always providing an exceptional level of support, technical excellence and superior product knowledge.
• To present the company as the leading Spectro & TOC solution supplier at external meetings.
• To develop new applications in response to customer or market demand.
• To maintain and grow a knowledge of competitor solutions and identify & promote the unique selling points of our own solutions.
The Activities of the Technical Specialist can include such elements as:
1) Demonstrating technical leadership in the marketplace.
2) Using the companies Spectroscopy & TOC tools and products creatively to produce customer solutions.
3) Presenting Product and Application specific information at external conferences/meetings.
4) Attending product specific meetings and maintaining positive relationships with the company group, based in Germany.
5) Supporting the UK Sales Team in providing technically accurate and application appropriate quotations in a timely manner.
6) Providing customer training and technical telephone support Post Installation to meet "Best in Class" standards.
7) Providing technical support for the Regional and Senior Business Specialists via joint customer visits.
8) Providing product and application specific training to the Sales Team.
9) Making field visits to existing Customers as well as prospective Customers in order ensure customer success, following the DAPA consultative sales approach.
10) Performing solution demonstrations in conjunction with appropriate Regional and Senior Business Specialists in the Evaluation Laboratory.
11) Providing support for transferring customer applications to the company's hardware and running customer samples to support the Sales process.
12) Providing technically accurate and commercially appealing reports which prove the benefits of the Shimadzu solution from customer evaluation sample data.
13) Ensuring work areas within the UK Evaluation Laboratory relating to the Spectroscopy & TOC product line are kept in a tidy and pristine condition.
What we are looking for:
• Preference for a candidate typically qualified to BSc level with a significant emphasis on Elemental or Molecular Spectroscopy and analytical chemistry.
• Demonstrable deep understanding of the theory and practice of a range of instruments within the Elemental/Molecular Spectroscopy Range.
• Preference for significant experience in Spectroscopy from using commercially available instruments.
• Strong understanding of software systems.
• Solid market awareness including knowledge of commercially available solutions.
• Effective and demonstrable interpersonal skills with a highly motivated approach to technical sales with a strong will to succeed.
• A full UK driving license and passport.
• Willingness to travel and spend a significant amount of time away from home, including European travel when required.