The role is covered in the following locations: Birmingham, Bath, Brighton, Bristol, Cambridge, Cardiff, Guildford, Leicester, Oxford, Portsmouth, Reading, Swindon, Southampton, Tonbridge, London
An Exciting Technical Sales Consultant role for an individual to join a leading company in selling biotechnology products.
Location: South UK
Hotspots of the territory: Cambridge, Oxford, London, Birmingham, Nottingham
Responsible for selling Biotechnology products as assigned in the territory, acquiring and analysing sales and market information, assisting in promotion efforts, advising management on market and sales strategies, and other job related duties as assigned.
- Actively sell Biotechnology products in territory. Includes qualifying and follow-up of sales leads generated by the company from ads, news releases, shows, mailings, etc. Implement an effective follow-up system for inquiries and sales, and nurture leads to the point of sales closure. Gather and summarize data for evaluation of market impact, share and market strategies. Assist in selling outside of territory as needed.
- Generate new potential sales leads from existing contacts and customer contacts.
- Evaluate and recommend where product demonstrations should be done, arrange logistics, and assist in doing product demonstrations.
- Conduct technical seminars and product demonstrations as appropriate to assist/supplement SSS role.
- Represent the company at exhibitions and conferences and where necessary give presentations.
- Maintain consistent customer contact for on-going sales of reagents, consumables, service contracts, additional equipment, as well as finding new sales prospects from existing users.
- Assist in follow-up of existing users to assure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Acquire and provide market information to management, including information about customer needs, their suggestions for product improvements, new product ideas, user problems, competition, etc. Advise management in helping to formulate overall marketing plan.
- Analyse current sales and future sales potential in territory and develop a sales plan to maximize the market potential. Recommend goals for sales and market share.
- Assist in the sales training of other employees and reps.
- Provide regular reports to management of sales activities, status of sales leads, and projected sales.
- Acquire and maintain technical and other skills necessary to perform job function.
- 3+ years of proven successful field sales experience in high end capital equipment to life science and drug discovery researchers in academic and biotech/pharmaceutical companies - may consider related biological/analytical field sales support experience in lieu of direct sales experience.
- 3+ years direct experience preferred in selling products for applications in protein expression and/or image analysis.
- Familiarity with key customer accounts in their region.
- Extensive knowledge of Proteomics research, techniques, and applications.
- Proficiency in presenting technical seminars and instrument demonstrations.
- Proficiency in organizing time and territory activities in order to efficiently maximize sales results.
- Highly developed sense of integrity, ethics, and loyalty.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English, interpersonal skills, and sales skills.
- Creative, highly motivated self-starter with good insight and problem-solving skills and highly able to effectively coordinate multiple tasks and projects.
- Team player. Enjoys and works well with other people in a team environment.
- May require up to 60% travel or more in assigned territory, working from a home office.