The role is covered in the following locations: Brighton, Guildford, Portsmouth, Reading, Southampton, Tonbridge, London
Senior/ Service Commercial Manager - Service Contracts
Overall aim of the job
This post is responsible for driving business growth in the Service Contracts team in line with the financial & strategic targets at Territory and National level. Structuring high value commercial deals & solutions that enable healthcare providers to deliver excellent clinical services through the cultivation of rich relationships & understanding the customer needs.
The nature and scale of the Service business means that they regularly negotiate high value (£Million) long term, multi-Trust contracts with the Service Commercial Manager being responsible for developing the strategic approach and commercial proposals with the support of the local Territory Managers and sales management team.
In addition, this role is also responsible for the direct sales and promotion of the Service Contract portfolio on a sale territory. This will involve the post holder engaging Senior level stakeholders to negotiate high value contracts and; using data and insights to create win win solutions for customers and internal stakeholders, secure deals that are aligned with department and company business objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Management of High Value Commercial Deals & Solutions:
- Using advanced selling techniques and excellent business acumen to negotiate high value multi-Trust Service Contract deals in a highly competitive environment
- Develop strategic pricing proposals to achieve target profit margins
- Create evidenced based value props and business cases to secure long-term business in high value, multi-Trust contracts
- Use accurate & up to date Healthcare market intelligence & customer knowledge to tailor solutions & proposals according to Customer strategic priorities
Cultivate Rich Partnerships with Customers:
- Managing the Service business within your territory in line with company targets including accurate forecasting of sales opportunities
- Develop and deliver customer sales presentations in conjunction with customer requirements and communicate the solutions & value propositions
- Strategically manage relationships with key decision makers, inc senior procurement, clinical leads and Department Heads Manage to advance sales opportunities including the use of CRM to effectively manage the business on Territory
- Co-ordinating sales activity across the customer stakeholder group (incl. Clinical areas) to ensure they objectively understand the full value proposition through data and insights into their service provision
- Ambassador for the Service Business Unit internally and the overall business externally
-/ This role would be an ideal next step in the career of an experienced senior sales professional who has already demonstrated a substantial track record of success in the healthcare industry or service solution-based sales sector covering multi stakeholder deals & value based service solutions
Competencies, skills, knowledge, mindset:
- Self-motivated with a strong will to succeed
- Highly skilled in organising and planning multiple demands & priorities
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Demonstrates high levels of integrity in dealings with external & internal customers
- Clear and concise written and spoken communication skills
- Highly motivated to provide exceptional customer satisfaction
- Focussed personal continuous improvement & development
- Advanced skill level using Microsoft Excel i.e. data analysis etc.
The role requires you to be on your feet for extended periods of time during your general day to day activities which include walking between sites. Some travel will be required to visit subsidiary companies and suppliers.