Long standing relationships
Zenopa develop strong working relationships with our clients, which means we understand their company and cultural values.
A new opportunity for a PhD educated organic chemist, or a MSc degree educated scientist with 2+ years of laboratory experience within an organic chemistry setting to support and contribute to the chemical development issues for assigned projects and / or initiatives.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete all technical, procedural and policy-based training outlined in department SOPs and in department on-boarding materials prior to active participation in related work on active programs.
- In a multidisciplinary environment solve problems of moderate complexity for assigned projects and / or initiatives with moderate guidance from a scientific supervisor and line management.
- Conduct work and studies within established key workflows and / or regulations pertinent to the individual's specific workgroup, as described by SOPs, corporate policies and external regulatory guidance (e.g. GxP, ICH, etc).
- Demonstrate competency in the core chemistry laboratory skills required to support development and / or scale up of chemical processes. Such skills include, but are not limited to, routine use of core instrumentation and laboratory techniques, guided use of higher end laboratory techniques and instrumentation, and an understanding how their work influences drug development.
- Execute experiments, interpret results, and plan additional experiments in a timely manner to solve assigned problems of moderate complexity. (More complex problems will require additional guidance from a Team Leader / Line Manager).
- Effectively communicate, coordinate and collaborate with cross-functional project groups to ensure that scientific work is appropriately documented such that the broader collaborative inputs and efforts are combined to maximum effect in the production of reports, manuscripts, and presentations.
- Document and report results of all experiments in a manner consistent with department practices and governing policies, as applicable, which may include significant contributions to manufacture of API for GLP toxicology studies or for GMP manufacture of clinical supplies.
ADDITIONAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- The role requires meticulous attention to detail and for all work to be conducted strictly in accordance with company Policies and Procedures and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Work efficiently and tidily such that work is carried out in a well-planned and organised way and timely manner.
- Follow all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements that are defined on work instructions or communicated in training.
- Responsible to maintain own training file.
- Ensure that any operating practice or instrument defect, which may affect safety at work, is brought to the attention of Management.
- Respect the confidentiality of information obtained in the course of duties performed and refrain from disclosing such information without written consent from Management, except where disclosure is required by law or by the order of a Court.
A PhD educated organic chemist OR a MSc in chemistry with 2+ additional years of laboratory experience
Evidence of strong academic or industrial achievement required
Minimum of 2 years prior academic or industrial laboratory experience, including demonstration of Core Process / physical skill sets
Evidence of ability to effectively contribute to multi-disciplinary scientific
Zenopa operate a Quality Management System (QMS) and we're audited to ensure an excellent quality of service.
We thoroughly prepare you for all interviews and obtain full, constructive feedback after you've met the client.
Zenopa provide a constant service. There will always be someone at the end of the phone to answer your questions.
We will always provide you with honest, professional advice and fully understand your career needs.
Our Customer Service standards are extremely high. We are highly recommended by 96% of clients and 98% of candidates.
For a salary applicable to you, please liaise directly with your respective Zenopa consultant.
So that when internet jobs searches are undertaken, Zenopa generates a min and max salary range. This range is just an industry based estimate, it does not represent the clients internal salary bands.