Long standing relationships
Zenopa develop strong working relationships with our clients, which means we understand their company and cultural values.
Senior Electronics Design Engineer
Our client is responsible for the sales and support of the expanding range of Elemental Analysers and related instruments in the UK as well as being an award-winning manufacturer of Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometer (IRMS) systems covering a diverse and exciting range of applications.
They research and develop for basic human needs: Their devices ensure quality of life and are used when it comes to water, food, education, health, the environment, climate, energy or product quality.
About the role
They are a growing company, and they are looking for an experienced Senior Electronic Design Engineer to join their R&D team to undertake interesting and challenging design and development projects. The ideal candidate will be someone who demonstrates technical excellence and a proven passion for research.
Based near Stockport, Greater Manchester where their facilities are for building, testing and servicing their instrumentation as well as housing a full R&D team, the successful candidate will be involved in the project lifecycle, from concept and specification, design through to prototyping and testing to preparation for manufacture of the latest products in their portfolio. You'll work amongst a very talented team to bring innovative products to market and will be encouraged to learn new skills pertinent to our industry. Reporting locally to the UK Managing Director with a dotted reporting line to Langenselbold, Germany.
This is an excellent opportunity for an electronics design specialist to enhance their career and work in an established and growing business with a reputation for integrity and precision.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with relevant stakeholders to design electronics for instrument control and data acquisition by following defined development processes
- Understand and comply with the company's product portfolio, working with cross-functional teams to optimise the production of instruments and responsibilities
- Design analogue and digital circuitry using CAD software
- Design of firmware for embedded microcontrollers
- Write test specifications and software
- Collaborate with the mechanical design team, software team and product managers throughout the design process
- Liaise with external partners (sub-contractors) throughout the development process
- Provide electronic support during instrument production and testing
- Ensure compliance with EMC and product safety standards
- Documentation of specifications and technical reports
- Promote continuous improvement approach to design and process
- Improve quality of service provided to both internal and external customers.
- Keep up-to-date with current technology and develop innovative processes and design solutions which can be patented by the company
- Other duties as required.
Essential Experience, Skills & Person
- Relevant engineering degree or equivalent, with an in-depth understanding of electronics
- Proven track record of analogue and digital circuit design for manufacturing environments
- Experience of embedded microcontroller programming and related tools.
- Experience with scientific instrumentation preferable
- Experience of .NET programming in C#
- Competent in C/C++ microcontroller programming
- Competent user of Electronic CAD
- Competent user of Microsoft Office
- Ability to learn new languages as needed
- Ability to think analytically, logically and solve problems
- Ability to make informed decisions taking into account numerous opinions and ideas
- Ability to understand other people's needs and requirements
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a team
Who they're looking for…
- Someone who is continually aware of business and departmental processes and potential improvements
- Understands the goals of the business and has an eye on the bigger picture
- A proactive individual with excellent communication skills
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Articulate with high attention to detail
- Focused with the ability to multi-task
- Complex problem solver with a methodical mind
- Committed to delivering quality results and minimise design risks.
- Competitive salary & company bonus incentive scheme
- 23 days initially (increasing to 25 days after one year) plus bank holidays
- Company pension and life assurance
- Cylcescheme & Techscheme
- Opportunity to work flexible hours? Yes, within reason as per the current office policy
- Compressed working week of 39 hours? Yes
- Opportunity to work in an open and vibrant team, with flat hierarchies and short coordination channels? Yes
Zenopa operate a Quality Management System (QMS) and we're audited to ensure an excellent quality of service.
We thoroughly prepare you for all interviews and obtain full, constructive feedback after you've met the client.
Zenopa provide a constant service. There will always be someone at the end of the phone to answer your questions.
We will always provide you with honest, professional advice and fully understand your career needs.
Our Customer Service standards are extremely high. We are highly recommended by 96% of clients and 98% of candidates.
For a salary applicable to you, please liaise directly with your respective Zenopa consultant.
So that when internet jobs searches are undertaken, Zenopa generates a min and max salary range. This range is just an industry based estimate, it does not represent the clients internal salary bands.