The role is covered in the following locations: Bath, Bournemouth, Guildford, Portsmouth, Reading, Swindon, Southampton, Sailsbury
Promega UK are a global leader in the production of high quality tools used by Life Scientists, such as Reagent "Tool Kits" and integrated systems, providing for a range of customers including:
-Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries
-Clinical and Molecular Diagnostics Laboratories
-Forensics and Paternity Laboratories
-Government and Reserch Laboratories
They are currently seeking a Product Specialist for their Genomics division, working closely with the Account Manager!
Promega UK are seeking a keen, PhD educated life scientist to perform the role of Product Specialist to cover the Genomics division of the company! A key part of the role will involve working with and providing support for the High Throughput (HT) manager reagrding automated Genomics solutions in nucleic acid extraction, quantitation and Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technology!
The successful candidate will have a strong technical background with some commercial experience in a Life Science role, keen to develop their career in the key area of Genomics.
You will be required to:
-Support all aspects of the Genomics portfolio area
-Develop and learn product management and marketing
-Support the sales teams across all relevant sectors of the business
-Support these products in distribution channels
Other tasks that the successful candidate can expect to carry out are:
-Manage new product pricing and launch
-Manage pricing information and discounting options for specific requests
-Work with the sales team on promotions and offers
-Sales analysis of relevant products and competitive analysis
-Promotions and offers to boost key products
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Specific roles and responsibilities include-
-Supporting the Product Manager (product management, marketing and sales activity)
-Responsibility for Pronex NGS related kits, Taq polymerase, Reverse Transcription, qPCR and RT-PCR, manual DNA and RNA extraction kits, Quantifluor DNA and RNA quantitation dyes
-Managing support and pricing for custom or high value products
-Establish and maintain lines of communication at all appropriate levels for sales prospects, internal Promega staff and other external contacts to develop specific customer needs identification, analysis, product awareness and sales
-Co-develop and implement marketing plans such as customer strategies, channel strategies and promotional plans for new product launches
- Monitor and report competitor activities, technical developments, pricing and trends
- Technical writing for marketing materials including digital (web)
Essential Skills and qualifications-
- PhD in Molecular Biology or a life sciences degree with some experience in a laboratory performing molecular-based work (extraction and/or amplification of nucleic acid)
- Highly responsive and motivated self-starter
- Candidate should be very self-motivated, determined and personable
- Capable of learning and communicating features and benefits of highly innovative products to customers
- Able to listen and respond to customer needs
- Well organized, structured and able to deliver under pressure
- Ability to use a range of PC based applications - M/S Teams, Excel, Word and Outlook key
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to empathise and relate to people well
- Customer and sales oriented, able to think laterally and use own initiative
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to new challenges
- Strong practical sense combined with a "can do" attitude is key to successful performance but you must also have the ability to work as part of a dynamic team.
- Positive, cheerful with a helpful attitude
Depending on experience, Promega are willing to pay a base of up to £50,000!
In addition to this, they offer a bonus scheme of 15%, pension scheme, private health cover and insurance, life assurance and 24 days annual leave plus your birthday off!