The role is covered in the following locations: Guildford, High Wycombe, Hemel, Oxford, Reading, Slough, Swindon, Southampton, Sailsbury
Products: Core Laboratory Products - Diagnostics
The product manager would be covering products for the Blood Science Department - HbA1c and Haemoglobinopathy systems, POC systems, Vet chemistry, ESR systems and pre-analytics.
The role will require some travel mainly in the UK for sales and strategy meetings, exhibitions and supporting sales visits. There will also be some international travel required to HQ in Italy and manufacturing sites for product training and product launches.
Purpose of Job:
To implement the strategic and tactical management of all products under the Product Managers
responsibility. To support and reinforce the activities of the salesforce in promoting the companys
products. To liaise with HQ and, where allowed, suppliers of products to ensure that product and
marketing information is used in a timely and effective manner. To ensure that all promotional
activities as defined in the annual promotional plans are carried out within budget in a way which
fully supports the strategic objectives of the company. To ensure that all sales and support staff are competent to promote and support the products.
1. To develop effective periodic marketing campaigns and
communicate these to the sales force.
2. Ensure that launch plans are maintained up to date at all times.
3. Completion of technical response to all appropriate tenders to
achieve deadlines, as requested by Commercial Manager.
4. Relevant exhibitions all attended on time, with a positive company
image. Booking exhibition space as agreed in promotional plan.
Ensure that all appropriate company staff are informed.
5. Ensure that all advertising is carried out according to promotional
plan and in line with company image.
6. Ensure that adequate stocks of promotional materials are
available at all times. Ensure new promotional materials are
produced in line with promotional plan.
7. Write any articles/editorial/PR as required by the marketing plan
and/or the UK Marketing Manager.
8. Develop and maintain liaison with suppliers to ensure up-to-date
information is maintained within the company.
9. Ensure that Sales-force and Scientific Support Specialists are
trained and continuously updated with developments in the
products. Assess product knowledge competence of salespeople
on field visits and report back to UK Sales Manger. Ensure that all
training is followed up with online testing (I-Improve).
10. Complete sales forecast and forecast for stock purchases, to be
submitted according to deadlines set by Finance Department.
11. Marketing plans to be delivered in specified format to the UK Marketing Manager
by required date.
12. Responsibility for social media presence and developing and
approving promotional and product related content as
appropriate, and in line with company strategy.
13. To be delivered in specified format to the UK Marketing Manager
HGT Product Manager only, responsible for: Marketing Support
Reports to: UK Marketing Manager
Profound technical knowledge for areas of product responsibility (including relevant qualifications)
Able to produce creative responses for tasks and issues
Adept financial and numeracy abilities
Good planning and organisational skills
Ideally be anywhere within about two hours drive of our office in Winnersh, Workingham
- Ideally product marketing management experience
- Ideally sales experience from diagnostics products to the NHS environment
- Clinical Laboratory experience
- Experience launching products to the market is preferred
We are a mid-sized company with lots of new products, lots of changes, lots of challenges, so we need somebody who is resourceful and thrives on change rather than somebody who just wants to follow an existing path. Social media and webinars are becoming a more important part of the job so the expectation is that the person feels comfortable with these media.
The company offers a competitive salary and performance-related bonus, and an exceptional package of benefits including pension, company car or car allowance, private medical and dental insurance and life assurance.