The role is covered in the following locations: Oxford
Were workin with a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, they help people live longer, healthier lives, and are seeking a Product Manager for their site based in Oxford.
ROLE: Product Manager Bioanalytical Custom Antibody Services
Do you have good knowledge of immunology and want to work in an interesting and varied role in marketing antibody services?
Do you enjoy working with different teams, travelling and can multi-task?
You will be translating customer needs and market trends to advance the companys strategy as well as running marketing campaigns to achieve the companys goals
This is your opportunity to become part of the marketing team. The role is both challenging and enjoyable, within a small, friendly team. No two days will be the same!
Our ideal candidate must have full rights to work in the UK and live within commutable distance (or be willing to relocate) to our office in Kidlington, Oxfordshire.
Responsible for driving the HuCAL tool custom antibody service
Responsible for growing the anti-idiotypic product portfolio and the Trailblazer antibody technology (SpyTag/ SpyCatcher) supporting the companys strategy and goals
Works with the Custom Antibody Marketing Manager to deliver an efficient, streamlined, customer focussed service
Delivers on plans, through organisation and management of assigned responsibilities to optimize profit and meet market, financial and growth objectives
Increases sales, identifies opportunities and improvements, provides sales and training support and contributes to effective marketing campaigns
Product champion and go-to resource for area of responsibility.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive the marketing communications for the custom tool antibody portfolio and catalogue anti idiotype range. Design and implement innovate marketing campaigns to build customer awareness and create leads. Build strong relationship with marketing communication and ebusiness team.
- Working with key internal stakeholders, manage the existing service and product offering. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring the value of existing and potential new services, evaluation of positioning, pricing, supply, manufacturing and discontinuation of unprofitable or obsolete products and services. The overall aim is to maximise our gross margins and drive revenue growth.
- Implement voice-of-customer and voice-of-sales processes to identify customer needs in key segments; develop business relationships with key customers when required to facilitate customized product specification, forecasting, supply agreements and service level. Be the business partner for our customer-facing teams.
- Translate customer needs, market trends, technology developments and competitor capabilities into cohesive strategies for new and/or improved services. Review and update the business plan in support of market requirements and internal capabilities in alignment with the Bio-Rad Business Planning Process. Deliver reasoned product and service development justifications. Interface with the marketing, sales, operations and manufacturing teams to deliver products and services that meet the required specifications.
- Occasional international travel may be required, outside normal working hours
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge about the use of antibodies as research tools in academic and commercial organizations
- Ability to translate market information and customer feedback into product and service improvements
- Work effectively independently and as part of a cross-functional team; requires strong persuasive and influencing skills
- Effective communicator: ability to communicate technical information accurately and concisely with confidence to customers and at all levels of the business internally.
- Excellent organization, numeracy, spoken and written English skills
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in a custom product or service environment in a technical scientific, technical service, sales or marketing role
- Laboratory or commercial experience working in with antibodies is highly desirable
- Experience in a customer facing role is highly desirable, e.g., sales, technical service
- Experience of procurement/supply of reagent materials in bulk quantities would be advantageous
- Degree in the life sciences is essential.
Base salary around £40,000 - £45,000
Bonus Scheme - Roughly 10%
Flexible working from home 2 days per week
Pension matched up to 8%
Bupa private health insurance
Income protection (sickness insurance)
25 days holiday (plus one extra day on your birthday)
Free onsite parking
Gym Membership discounts
Job referral scheme
WeCare (24/7 online GP, mental health support and virtual wellbeing)\lang1024