Product Development Executive
Scientific - Life Science graduates with post-degree commercial experience
An exciting opportunity for applicants with a life sciences degree and at least 1+ year's post-degree experience in a commercial role within any sector/industry - such as sales, marketing, product development or a related customer-focused position. This vacancy is with a long-standing, growing and specialist supplier of laboratory products used within scientific research, academic, biotechnology and pharmaceutical laboratories. An excellent entry-level role into the scientific commercial sector!
This is primarily office-based in Birmingham, with occasional national/international travel.
To assist the Product Manager in ensuring the timely introduction of new products into the company's product portfolio.
• Assist the Product Manager in managing the company's entire portfolio (Laboratory Consumables, Reagents and Equipment) through the product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
• Write the new product introduction documents for feasibility, planning, and onboarding, placing initial stocking orders, monitor delivery to ensure no delays and then track sales and
profit from new products.
• Analyse marketing trends and opportunities.
• Working alongside the Product Manager, develop key relationships with customers and suppliers
• Join the Product Manager on supplier and customer meetings to discuss new products, pricing, and gain market information about competitors
• Assist in providing sales training and product support both directly and via external partners as necessary
• Prepare product marketing presentations, publications and product videos.
• Work with the marketing team to plan, develop and implement product marketing strategies
• Where necessary travel to trade shows either in the UK or abroad to visit suppliers and see new products
Life Science Degree
Ideally 1+ years' post-degree experience in a sales, marketing or related customer-focused role. This can be from any sector/industry
Strong interest in product development / product management
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and good attention to detail
Working effectively both independently and as part of a team
Zenopa operate a Quality Management System (QMS) and we're audited to ensure an excellent quality of service.
We thoroughly prepare you for all interviews and obtain full, constructive feedback after you've met the client.
Zenopa provide a constant service. There will always be someone at the end of the phone to answer your questions.
We will always provide you with honest, professional advice and fully understand your career needs.
Our Customer Service standards are extremely high. We are highly recommended by 96% of clients and 98% of candidates.
For a salary applicable to you, please liaise directly with your respective Zenopa consultant.
So that when internet jobs searches are undertaken, Zenopa generates a min and max salary range. This range is just an industry based estimate, it does not represent the clients internal salary bands.