Long standing relationships
Zenopa develop strong working relationships with our clients, which means we understand their company and cultural values.
A new opportunity has arisen as a Principal Scientist for a PhD educated Organic Chemist who has 5+ years of laboratory experience, who also ideally has management experience. The purpose of the role will be to support business and client requirement, provide scientific skill and leadership to solve high complexity chemical development issues for assigned projects and / or initiatives.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In a multidisciplinary environment design, plan and optimize experimental programs which solve problems of higher complexity for assigned projects and / or initiatives with limited guidance from a scientific supervisor and line management.
- Conduct work and studies within established key workflows and / or regulations pertinent to the individual's specific workgroup, as described by SOPs, corporate policies and external regulatory guidance (e.g. GxP, ICH, etc).
- Keep current on new technologies related to the job function in order to perform original research which impacts internal projects, initiatives, or contributes to the internal / external scientific community within their discipline(s).
- Document and report results of all experiments in a manner consistent with department practices and governing policies, as applicable, which may include significant contributions to manufacture of API for GLP toxicology studies or for GMP manufacture of clinical supplies.
- With guidance, align cross-functional project efforts as required to maximise the broader contribution of the business in delivering client requirements.
- Serve as a scientific mentor to associate staff and a strong scientific colleague to peers.
- Complete all technical, procedural and policy-based training outlined in department SOPs and in department on-boarding materials prior to active participation in related work on active programs. Any relevant prior technical training is actively leveraged as part of onboard training for this senior role.
ADDITIONAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Assist with the general running of the Process Chemistry group by maintaining a good standard of laboratory housekeeping and help with routine tasks.
- The role requires meticulous attention to detail and for all work to be conducted strictly in accordance with company Policies and Procedures and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Work efficiently and tidily such that work is carried out in a well-planned and organised way and timely manner.
- Follow all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements that are defined on work instructions or communicated in training.
- Responsible to maintain own training file.
- Ensure that any operating practice or instrument defect, which may affect safety at work, is brought to the attention of Management.
- Respect the confidentiality of information obtained in the course of duties performed and refrain from disclosing such information without written consent from Management, except where disclosure is required by law or by the order of a Court.
- PhD or equivalent in organic chemistry or related field
- Evidence of strong academic or industrial achievement with at least 5 years' experience in such roles
- Evidence of experience in successful application of analytical / physical skill sets to resolve high complexity chemical problems such as those required within the role
- Expert application of retrosynthetic analysis and selected higher end laboratory techniques and instrumentation to impact API drug development
- Evidence of ability to effectively contribute to multi-disciplinary scientific teams
- Management of teams
Zenopa operate a Quality Management System (QMS) and we're audited to ensure an excellent quality of service.
We thoroughly prepare you for all interviews and obtain full, constructive feedback after you've met the client.
Zenopa provide a constant service. There will always be someone at the end of the phone to answer your questions.
We will always provide you with honest, professional advice and fully understand your career needs.
Our Customer Service standards are extremely high. We are highly recommended by 96% of clients and 98% of candidates.
For a salary applicable to you, please liaise directly with your respective Zenopa consultant.
So that when internet jobs searches are undertaken, Zenopa generates a min and max salary range. This range is just an industry based estimate, it does not represent the clients internal salary bands.