Harley Street Medical Area Healthcare Conference taking place on Wednesday 19th October 2022 is bringing together an impressive panel of speakers from some of London’s world-leading institutions to discuss global trends in the life sciences sector, and how the city is driving and responding to those trends.
This one-day conference - London: A Global Hub for Life Sciences – is taking place at The Royal Society of Medicine and will be hosted by The Howard de Walden Estate – landlord and steward of 92 acres of Marylebone including the world renowned Harley Street Medical Area.
“The HSMA Healthcare Conference to discuss the future of life science innovation in London.“
The event, chaired by Rt Hon Professor Lord Kakkar will explore London’s unique life sciences ecosystem and the city’s status as a highly attractive hub, combining a rich network of world-class universities, innovative businesses, renowned healthcare providers, cutting-edge research centres, and global industry players.
The conference will explore why London’s infrastructure makes it particularly well suited to foster collaboration and innovation – and how businesses can tap into the opportunities and support network within central London, which continues to sustain an international reputation for medical excellence.
Central to this is the vibrant Harley Street Medical Area, which is home to a diverse community comprising over 5,000 healthcare practitioners as well as digital tech and medtech start-ups.
Mark Kildea, Howard de Walden’s Chief Executive, commented: “There are a number of reasons why we are looking at Life Sciences across the Estate. The proximity of Marylebone to King’s Cross, organisations like the Francis Crick Institute and the major London universities means we all well connected. We’ve got extensive experience in retrofitting heritage buildings so they are suitable for specialised medical use and the range of properties we own; means we can support organisations from the incubator stage through to scale up.
“However, our main ambition is to facilitate collaboration. The Healthcare sector is at the core of our estate – we’re home to a wide range of hospitals and clinics. Healthcare and Life Sciences are inseparable, and we want to enable Life Sciences organisations to tap into the Healthcare opportunities within our estate, connecting research, private capital and hospitals.”
The daylong conference, broken into four key sessions will bring together a prestigious line-up of speakers from across the healthcare and pharmaceutical sectors, finance, politics, real estate and law including:
Opening Remarks - Rt Hon Professor Lord Kakkar KBE, PC, Kings Health Partners, Chairman and Thrombosis Research Institute, Director
A Vision for the 21st Century - Sir Robert Lechler FRCP, FRCPath, FMedSci, King’s Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre, Senior Vice President / Provost (Health) and Executive Director
The Journey of Life Sciences
• Dr Annalisa Jenkins MBBS, FRCP, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Cyte Ltd Global Network for Clinic Research, Director
• Martin Murphy, CEO, Syncona Investment Management Ltd
• Professor Tony Young OBE, Anglia Ruskin University, Director of Medical Innovation, practicing frontline NHS surgeon, National Clinical Lead for Innovation at NHS London
• Panel Q&A
A National Viewpoint
• Simon Denegri OBE, Executive Director of the Academy of Medical Sciences
• Sir Rory Collins FMedCi, FRS, University of Oxford, Professor of Medicine and Epidemiology at the Clinical Trust Service
• George Freeman MP, former Minister for Science, Research and Innovation
• Panel Q&A
Making it Happen in London
• Mark Kildea, The Howard de Walden Estate, Chief Executive
• Dr Brian Donley, Cleveland Clinic
• Anne Rafferty, former Lord Justice of Appeal, former Vice Chairman of the Judicial Appointments Commission and Former Chairman of the Judicial College
• Panel Q&A
Closing Keynote – Sir Jonathan Symonds, Chairman, GSK
Throughout the day delegates will have the chance to hear – and contribute to – a wide-ranging programme of debates covering a number of key topics across the world of life sciences.
For more information and to register your place, visit: https://www.harleystreetmedicalarea.com/healthcare-conferenceSee all the latest jobs in Science