A Medical Editor will work closely with Medical Writers and other editorial department team members. They will also need to ensure precise, correctly formatted and accurate written copy. It is the responsibility of the Medical Editor to take publications from an approved manuscript through to completion, for a variety of different projects.
What is involved in Medical Editing?
• The core responsibilities include:
• Edit the initial manuscripts
• Liaise with designers and clients to generate an approved design for the publication
• Proof read and check typeset pages for accuracy, layout and consistency.
• Gain extensive knowledge and experience of production processes, including four-colour publications
• Work closely with writers, typesetters and printers, visiting external partners as necessary to approve press jobs
• Manage several projects at any one time
• Commission freelance editors when necessary, and manage their work quality / quantity
• Edit electronic media and PowerPoint slides, and submit online journals
• Project completion management, costing, and new business identification
At the more senior levels in Medical Editing you will provide strategic support for the product or account. You will also work in conjunction with other internal teams to write, develop and produce new business proposals and pitches and attend client briefings when necessary. You will also be expected to mentor and train more junior Medical Writers and Medical Editors.
The next step:
If you would like to find out more about the current medical editing roles we have available within the healthcare industry, you can search for the latest jobs, register your details, send us a message or contact the team on +44 (0)1494 818 061 or email email@example.com.
All applications are handled in the strictest of confidence.
Keep up to date with all the latest healthcare communication news by signing up to our news e-lerts.
Internet job postings require a salary range to be advertised. Please note this is an industry estimated salary range and does not represent the client’s internal salary bands. For a salary that is applicable to you, please contact the account manager who will be able to provide a much more accurate guide based on your experience and successes.