Long standing relationships
Zenopa develop strong working relationships with our clients, which means we understand their company and cultural values.
Key Account Manager - Maternity Cover
Scientific sales, selling microscopy instrumentation across the East UK.
Fixed-term 12 month contract - Maternity Cover
An excellent opportunity for a scientist (ideally PhD educated) with a practical life science microscopy and imaging experience who is looking to move into technical sales!
The company are a global manufacturer, with a great quality product line - they provide comprehensive training and career development opportunities.
PRODUCTS: Life Science Imaging and Microscopy instrumentation
TERRITORY: East UK (Leeds to Cambridge)
CLIENTS: Research and Academic Laboratories
- Promote and sell products to customers within your designated territory, in order to maintain and develop business opportunities.
- Achieve revenue sales targets
- Attend trade shows, seminars, conferences and exhibitions to promote company brand when appropriate
- Provide consultative guidance, ensuring that the correct products are recommended to suit customers' needs
- Work closely with the marketing team and applications specialists to ensure that you have relevant literature for customers as well as appropriate customer support.
- Mentor and provide guidance directly for one other sales team member.
- Provide a comprehensive monthly report of the previous month's activity and objectives for the coming month. Provide a forecast of sales on a monthly basis.
- Provide a detailed business plan for your territory that identifies target accounts and potential future customer capital equipment projects.
- Make positive recommendations on ways in which products can be improved
- Make suggestions for new products or system solutions
- Ensure excellent awareness of competitor activity, market trends and new products in the market
Degree or equivalent qualification in a life science or biomedical discipline (PhD preferred)
Practical experience using a range of microscopy instrumentation in the laboratory is preferred, specifically within the life science discipline
Experience in scientific sales is preferred but not essential
Driven, motivated and an excellent communicator.
Able to work independently and effectively as part of a team
Zenopa operate a Quality Management System (QMS) and we're audited to ensure an excellent quality of service.
We thoroughly prepare you for all interviews and obtain full, constructive feedback after you've met the client.
Zenopa provide a constant service. There will always be someone at the end of the phone to answer your questions.
We will always provide you with honest, professional advice and fully understand your career needs.
Our Customer Service standards are extremely high. We are highly recommended by 96% of clients and 98% of candidates.
For a salary applicable to you, please liaise directly with your respective Zenopa consultant.
So that when internet jobs searches are undertaken, Zenopa generates a min and max salary range. This range is just an industry based estimate, it does not represent the clients internal salary bands.