The role is covered in the following locations: Birmingham, Brighton, Cambridge, Derby, Guildford, Leicester, Nottingham, Oxford, Portsmouth, Reading, Swindon, Southampton, Tonbridge, London
Elevate Your Career with a Leading Analytical Equipment Company
Are you ready to join a reputable organisation that specialises in Gas Chromatography? Our tight-knit team is known for fostering a fantastic working environment with open communication, well-defined objectives, and shared responsibilities.
With a growing portfolio of larger contracts across the UK, now is the perfect time to become a part of our company's exciting journey towards sustainability and long-term success. We are currently searching for a Field Service Engineer to join our dynamic team in the UK.
We are working with an innovative scientific company dedicated to providing top-notch scientific instrumentation maintenance services and laboratory equipment across the UK and Ireland.
What the role can offer you:
Growth Opportunities: Join us during this pivotal period of expansion and set yourself on a path towards a potential management role within 5 years.
Family-Owned: We are a close-knit, family-owned company with a remarkable £250 million turnover.
Training: You'll receive comprehensive training on instrumentation you may not have encountered before.
Work-Life Balance: Enjoy a strictly Monday-Friday position, which promotes an incredible work-life balance, including a Christmas shutdown and no on-call rota.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Deliver maintenance services for laboratory instruments, including LC, GC, MS, and gas generation systems.
• Apply technical problem-solving skills to resolve complex issues.
• Perform systems qualification (IQ/OQ/PQ) and maintain quality documentation.
• Identify and report sales opportunities.
• Support Technical Management in achieving performance objectives.
• The ideal candidate would be a Field Service Engineer with experience working on analytical multi-vendor equipment.
• We are also open to candidates from an end user background with experience troubleshooting similar devices, keen to move into an engineering role.
• Knowledge of the day-to-day duties of a Field Service Engineer.
• Experience with multi-vendor LC/GC/MS laboratory service, preferably including LC-MS.
• A proven track record in a laboratory instrument support environment.
• Understanding of validation and quality documentation.
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
• A team player who can also work independently with minimal supervision.
• Willingness to travel to customers in the UK and overseas.
• A full driving license.
• Competitive salary, up to £45,000 (depending on experience).
• Company van.
• Yearly bonus based on personal and company targets.
• Clear progression route into management.
• Full product training.
• Be a part of our close-knit, family-feel company.
• No on-call responsibilities or overtime.
• 5% pension contribution.
• Company credit card for expenses.
• Christmas shutdown for quality time with loved ones.
• Exceptional work-life balance.
Don't miss this opportunity to join a forward-thinking company where your skills and dedication will be rewarded. Apply today and be a part of the exciting journey!