The role is covered in the following locations: Guildford, Tonbridge
We are working with a privately owned, leading medical supplier in orthopaedic equipment who are expanding their field service team and looking for an experienced medical engineer to join their South UK team.
The role will mainly be focussing on their Imaging and Resection portfolio including Synergy HD3 Imaging Systems, Arthroscope Systems, PowerSculpt Resection Systems, EndoButton CL Ultra and Arthroscopic Shaver Systems - full OEM training will be provided but they are on the hunt for an experienced biomedical engineer who is familiar with the working environment.
There are currently 4 engineers in the team and due to a substantial increase in sales they are looking for another 2. This role will focus on the South East / London area. They have had huge success; forecasted to increase from £65million to £100million in the next 4-5 years.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• To perform all service and maintenance activities on equipment for customers out in the field. This includes NHS and Private Hospitals as well as Veterinary Practices.
• Reporting to the Service Engineering Manager, the Service Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of maintenance including annual servicing, emergency call-out, and minor repairs. This position will be required to establish and maintain a professional working relationship with customers and internal colleagues.
• Completion of preventative maintenance tasks including performing software, firmware, and hardware upgrades
• Managing the exchange and repair of equipment in line with internal processes
• Completion of all administrative tasks in a timely manner to ensure accurate maintenance of the company and customer service records.
• Excellent internal and external communication skills
• Maintain tools, test equipment, ensuring calibration regulations are adhered to
• Uphold Health and Safety regulations in both the human and animal health sectors and any other regulatory requirements
• Identify potential sales opportunities for maintenance and capital sales alike
• Work within a local sales team to achieve a fast and efficient delivery of service requirements
• 40 hours per week, working Monday to Friday with occasional weekend work as and when required
• Varied shift patterns in line with business and customer demand.
• Flexibility is essential as this role requires regular travel to customer sites in the South East area but may also require occasional visits to customer sites that are outside of the usual patch.
• Vocational product training will be provided, upon completion of the training the successful candidate will be expected to install, test, calibrate, and maintain a variety of the equipment.
• Passion to drive continuous improvement.
• Computer literate, comfortable using Microsoft Office application such as Word and Excel.
• Working knowledge of business quality systems and controls.
• Can effectively prioritise and organise workload
• Proactive nature with ability to use initiative when required
• Ability to work well individually and also as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Full driving licence
• A proven track record in the medical service engineer environment will be advantageous
• Minimum requirements are HNC/HND or degree in Instrumentation Electronics or similar, or studying to achieve this. However, the equivalent combination of experience, education, and training that provides the necessary knowledge and skills would also be acceptable subject to any regulatory requirements
• Competitive salary
• Paid overtime
• No on-call
• OEM training
• Christmas / end of year bonus
• 10% Pension contribution
• Commercial van
• Life insurance
• Group income protection