The role is covered in the following locations: Guildford, Oxford, Reading, Swindon, Southampton, London
International diagnostics company
Purpose of Job:
To ensure that the company has a coherent marketing strategy as a whole, and
appropriate marketing tactics for all individual product groups. To ensure, by management
of the Product Managers and Marketing Support, that all agreed marketing and promotional
activities are carried out. In addition, costs must be controlled so that the company exceeds
specified profitability targets.
1. Budget and reforecast
2. Promotional Plan
3. Staff Training
4. Supplier Liaison
5. Sales & Margin
6. New Products
7. Management meeting
8. Tenders / Frameworks /
9. Management and
1. Budget and reforecast presentations to be delivered to
the Managing Director by agreed date.
2. Produce a fully costed promotional plan in line with
the budget. This will cover marketing activities such as
events, adverts, marketing material, mailers, website
and social media.
3. Ensure that there is a training plan for each member of
the marketing team that is related to both their
development and the companys needs plus the
findings of their appraisals.
4. Deal with suppliers on product/sales/marketing issues.
Ensure that suppliers retain confidence in Menarini
Diagnostics. Produce reports by required dates to
5. Sales and margin target exceeded in each product
6. Find/advise on new products/business areas based on
Product manager input. Review marketing summaries
for new products as required for final approval by the
7. To ensure that management meeting reports are
delivered to Managing Director by the specified dates.
8. To ensure that the Marketing Dept input for all
tenders is submitted by the correct date by liaising
with the Product Manager and Commercial Manager.
9. Ensure that all Marketing Dept staff are motivated at
all times. Ensure all company policies and strategies
are implemented.10. Sales Forecasting
11. Product Launch Planning
12. Strategy Meetings
13. Sales Meetings
14. 360 e-learning platform
15. Social Media
16. GlucoMen Customer
17. MHRA Registration
18. Marketing cost
19. Market Access
20. Product pricing
21. Brand Management
22. MES provider/Key
24. HQ communication and
10. Ensure, by accurate sales forecasting, considering
market knowledge about product sales development,
that all products are always maintained with
appropriate stock levels and remain within HQ MAPE
11. Ensure that launch plans are written, actions
completed on time and the plan is kept up to date for
all products in launch phase. Once a launch date is
agreed it may not be moved without written (e-mail)
authorisation from Managing Director. Ensure that all
actions on the launch plan are completed by the due
12. Organise two strategy reviews per year, per business
area. Actions from strategy meetings must be
completed within 6 weeks unless a later date is
specified in the minutes.
13. Organise three national sales meetings per year for
each team, with appropriate input from the Marketing
14. Ensure that electronic customer training platform are
approved for current and new products and ensure
that product managers are reviewing any new material
(e.g. new products or updates).
15. Oversee social media activities on official company
platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and
YouTube in line with company guidelines.
16. Ensure a high customer satisfaction
17. Provide product support to Quality Manager with
MHRA registration activities.
18. Manage overall F cost spend for the Laboratory and
Diabetes Care group in line with budget.
19. Oversee Drug Tariff applications and other market
20. Approve list prices considering profitability and market
21. Strongly promote Menarini and GlucoMen brands as
well as any other individual product brands.
22. Build relationships with MES providers, key opinion
leaders and high value customers.
23. Approve all marketing materials and website content
in line with company guidelines.
24. Ensure good communication with HQ and report in a
timely manner to relevant enquires.
Excellent understanding of marketing and strategy. Knowledge of at least one on our product portfolios. Good organisational skills, strong management.
and motivation skills. Ability to communicate well at all levels in the organisation. Confident
presentation skills. Excellent understanding of Excel and financial reports. Inspiring
leadership. Ability to work under pressure and to hit tight deadlines.