The role is covered in the following locations: Nottingham
We are working with a world leading manufacturer of inhaler test equipment and trusted provider of test instrumentation in other pharmaceutical dosage forms. Based in Nottingham, theyre seeking a Business Development Manager eager to grow sales and drive company growth.
Summary of Position
The Business Development Manager (Inhalation) will be responsible for growing sales of the company's full range of inhaler testing equipment.
The person in this role will work with customers directly, as well as via distribution partners, to identify opportunities and secure sales by providing timely and knowledgeable support, addressing technical and applications queries, delivering product demonstrations (remotely and in-person) and handling negotiations.
This role reports to the Head of Business Development and works closely with the Marketing and Customer Support teams.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Main Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Grow global sales of all Copley testing equipment with a particular focus on automation and software solutions.
- Become the in-house expert in inhaler testing, including familiarity with competitor products and detailed understanding of pharmacopoeias and regulatory guidance's.
- Provide timely and diligent follow up to all sales enquiries via phone, email and site visits.
- Manage complex customer enquiries to identify optimal solutions and opportunities to "up-sell."
- Deliver product demonstrations when required, both remotely and in-person.
- Proactively generate leads and opportunities by creating target lists in new sectors and geographies, as well as areas defining growth plans for existing customers.
- Work with the Applications team to deliver comprehensive training packages for customers, distributors and internal stakeholders.
- Liaise with Marketing to help generate suitable promotional content.
- Assist Sales and Customer Support teams with the preparation of quotations and other sales support materials, e.g. tender responses, budget applications.
- Attend relevant events to promote products, including delivering technical presentations at seminars and conferences.
- Work with the Head of Business Development to engage and drive distributors, and monitor performance.
- Seek and report back customer and market feedback to guide Product Development, Marketing and Sales quotation approaches.
- Maintain comprehensive customer records.
Required Skills, Abilities and Knowledge
- An enthusiastic and self-driven individual with a desire to learn and a commitment to achieving success and growth.
- Scientific or engineering background with a degree-level qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with an ability to interact with people at all levels.
- Proven track record in technical or life-science sales.
- Good presentation skills.
- Highly flexible, prepared to travel extensively nationally and internationally.
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Familiar working in an ISO 9001 accredited environment.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Experience working with inhaler devices and/or testing equipment an advantage.
Base salary up to £60,000 depending on experience
Uncapped bonus scheme (£15,000+ per year)
Company car OR car allowance
25 days annual leave + bank holidays
Pension matched up to 8%