The role is covered in the following locations: Bradford, Huddersfield, Harrogate, Halifax, Leeds, Wakefield, York
We are recruiting on behalf of a leading expert in healthcare water treatment and purification is looking for a field service engineer to join its leading team within the industrial sector. The industrial market includes aerospace, automotive, petrochemical, food and beverage, manufacturing, oil and gas and pharmaceutical customers.
This is a field-based role and would suit someone living in the Leeds/Bradford area, to cover areas such as Manchester, Leeds, Warrington, Runcorn, and Blackburn.
As a Service Engineer you will be required to give our clients the best in class quality service across hospital and laboratory sites in the region.
You will provide on-site corrective/preventative maintenance and offer after-sales technical and commercial support across our range of systems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• To provide on-site corrective /preventative maintenance and offer after-sales technical and commercial support
• A good knowledge and comprehensive understanding of the range of processes, procedures and systems to be used in carrying out assigned tasks and a basic understanding of the underlying concepts & principles upon which the job is based
• To observe, abide by and enforce the Companys and clients Health & Safety policies
• Carry out commissioning work
• Timely completion and submission of risk assessments work reports, time sheets and all other documentation
• Timely completion of site tasks and activities as required
• To propose and undertake any relevant training approved by your line manager
• A good understanding of how the team integrates with other teams in order to achieve overall objectives of the area. This integration refers to the way teams coordinate their efforts and resources to achieve shared and individual objectives.
• Where a job has broad responsibilities, it will need to have business acumen that goes beyond the team. jobs that involve communication and coordination of people and resources across different teams will need to understand the way these complement and support each other
• Offer feedback on future product development, features and functions
• Provide regular updates to your line manager on any issues that may result in financial, reputational or operational impact on the Company
• Full UK Driving Licence
• Mechanical / Electrical Engineering qualification
• Good communication skills, punctual, presentable, and be willing to learn and develop
• Good communication skills with the ability to understand others needs and express information in a clear and concise manner
• Knowledge of the company/company products is desirable
• Experience of having worked as a Service Engineer (site or field-based). The company have hired: ex-military, coffee machine, vending machine, white goods, refrigeration, ATM, telecoms engineers previously, to name some sectors.
• Opportunity to earn overtime and commission
• Tablet & Smartphone
• Company car or van (option)
• Fuel Card
• Work wear
• 25 days holiday plus 8 public holidays
• Life Assurance
• Pension Scheme
• Social events
• Private Medical Insurance, Group Income Protection, Dental Insurance, Childcare
• Vouchers, Cycle to work scheme, Travel Insurance, Health Screening, Health Cash Plan,
• Shopping discounts and much more.
(*Benefits are based on probation and length of service)