The role is covered in the following locations: Crewe, Manchester, Stockport, Warrington
Meridian HealthComms is a specialist communications agency providing medical communications services to meet client needs.
Meridian strongly believe that successful medical communication is based on understanding the science, the client's brand and the commercial space they work within.
Meridian have a highly experienced senior team of strategically and commercially aware professionals who are backed up by a multi-skilled group of Medical Writers and Account Managers. They understand and can support the range of communications projects and deliverables a client needs to make their brand a success.
Meridian HealthComms is part of the Bioscript Group. Together, they see the potential for more effective delivery across the entire lifecycle, from very early clinical development through to market access communications.
Editorial Team Lead - Remote / Hybrid
Ensure that editorial team delivers high-quality project work to clients.
The ETL will be a member of the Meridian management team and will actively participate in and contribute to management meetings and the subsequent discussions and decisions that affect the day-to-day management, direction and success of the entire business.
• To ensure content quality of assigned medical writing output meets or exceeds client needs.
• To review own written output as well as that of less experienced Medical Writers (or delegate this to an appropriately experienced editorial person) with the aim of improving value in terms of content, flow, readability, creativity, scientific messages, target audience, scientific accuracy, and ability to meet strategic objectives.
• To take, interpret and implement project briefs and feedback from clients/opinion leaders and provide clear conflict resolution and / or accurate project briefings to line reports and editorial team members.
• To proactively share insights and relevance with the editorial team and the business as a whole.
• To liaise with team members to manage communications, expectations and demands of clients.
• To suggest / implement solutions to communications problems arising during project evolution and delivery.
• To manage throughput of assigned projects to ensure on-time, on-budget delivery
To alert client about and/or provide project-related feedback on project status, timings, budget, quality/delivery issues when required.
• To attend client-sponsored scientific meetings to provide on-site support, manage activities of line reports, gather appropriate information for communication outputs and, where appropriate, manage faculty members.
• The ETL will be responsible for line-managing selected personnel.
• Responsibilities to include:
o Ensuring the well-being and positive motivation and working attitude of line reports.
o Ensuring line reports adhere to Meridian and client systems, processes, procedures and policies.
o Conducting at least annual performance appraisals, personal development reviews, training, coaching and mentoring.
o Providing mentoring and on-the-job training for members of the editorial team.
o Seeking guidance from, and discussing line management reviews with, senior management when necessary.
• To establish and maintain good working relationships with clients, colleagues, external suppliers, external authors and KOLs.
• To assist the team in monitoring actual writing hours/costs against those budgeted.
• To identify recruitment needs and contribute to selection and recruitment of team members as required.
• To source and manage freelance support, when required.
• To provide input into development of new business by contributing to proposals, pitches, new project ideas.
• To take responsibility for own professional development.
• To follow Meridian HealthComms procedures and policies.
• Anything else reasonably required.
- A bachelor's degree (BSc or equivalent) in a biological or life science including, but not limited to biochemistry, genetics, human biology, immunology, neuroscience, pharmacology or physiology.
- Ideally two years' and above, medical writing experience in a medical communications agency or the pharmaceutical industry.
- Curiosity about the application of science to healthcare and a demonstrable aptitude for and interest in written English, particularly science writing.
- Excellent communication, time management and organisational skills.
Salary up £78,500
25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
Life assurance cover
Death in service cover