Working on a 24 hour 7 day shift pattern was taking it's toll, Deepak was looking for something that offered more structured working hours, and for a role that would give him some new skills and career investment. Find out how he found the service offered by Zenopa...
What were you looking for when you were seeking a new role?
"My previous role was based on a 24hr 7 days a week shift rota with no real flexible working. In my previous role I had completed specialist qualifications and saw no immediate career progression or applications of these newly gained skills.
So when searching for a new role I was seeking:
- A role where I could gain new skills in a growing company that would invest in my career.
- A role based on more routine sociable hours, allowing for a better work-life balance.
- A role where the salary/bonuses and benefits would reflect the effort of the individual."
What benefits have you had since securing your role?
- "I’ve gained more commercial acumen, which I had no exposure to working within the NHS.
- I’ve been able to travel more, which I always wanted to do after graduating. Working shifts meant I had to plan trips months in advance.
- I’m healthier, working early, evening and night shifts had its associated knock on effects.
- My salary is considerably higher. My sales role in my company means I earn bonuses, I have private healthcare, daily expenses paid for, company car, fuel and insurance paid for, company phone/iPad/Laptop.
- Professionally I’m a driven individual and so I hated stagnating in my previous role. Now I’m in situations out of my comfort zone where I have to use my skills to meet short and long term goals."
How did you find the recruitment process?
"Following my graduation with a BSc from University, I was very fortunate to be offered roles straight away. I had no experience of interviewing or the recruitment process.
When I began this process I found many recruiters would over promise and under deliver. I quickly learned to filter out the recruiters who just wanted me to sign to their agency to those who would actively send me suitable roles and offer advice."
How has your work/life balance improved?
"Vastly. I now have evenings and weekends free and work for a brilliant company who are flexible around my needs (not that I really have any). I’ve been able to travel more and attend family and friends events on weekends without having to book annual leave.
I now feel there is a start and finish to my working week where there wasn’t one previously."
How did you find the service provided to you by Zenopa?
"Very professional, polite and offered roles that I would be suited for. I had applied for many roles and signed up with many recruiters via the job search sites. I found in the end Zenopa were the recruiters that I could trust.
I would’ve thought that recruiters would want to phone and speak to candidates to see what they wanted for their careers and explain how they could help. However, Zenopa were one of a handful of recruiters who would phone and speak to me and understand what I wanted, as well as talk about roles they were putting me forward for."
Any other comments/feedback that you wish to give?
"I regularly recommend Zenopa to people who want to transition into medical sales. Liam was my recruiter and I found him to be professional, friendly and easy to speak to."