The role is covered in the following locations: Edinburgh
Our client are an awarding winning, progressive Association Management and Professional Conference Organiser that has successfully operated within the UK healthcare market for over 30 years. Their head office is located in Blackburn, West Lothian close to the M8 in a historic, A listed 18th century mansion. Our client is also an employee owned organisation similar to John Lewis which means that many of their employees are also share holders with a strong vested interest and commitment to the success of their business. Its also a great place to work for their 27 staff evidenced by their recent award of platinum Investors in People status which is a reflection of the quality of their management, their commitment to staff training/development and general staff morale.
They are at an exciting stage in their development and need an experienced and highly capable Business Development Professional to join their established Sales and Marketing team to proactively drive new business leads and assist their conversion into confirmed sales.
Are you a talented sales/business development professional with a proven track record of success in creating qualified new business leads and converting them into confirmed sales? If so, we want to hear from you!
The purpose of this post is to deliver new association/society business to support the income generation strategy. To achieve defined sales objectives and targets in the UK through a targeted business development plan and proactive management of key account performance and activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Principle Accountabilities / Objectives:\ulnone
1. Prepare and implement face-to-face and virtual business development/sales
plans which deliver the income/profit objectives.
2. Create and develop a key account customer list based on target markets
driving association/society market share.
3. Research, implement and manage the business development pipeline.
4. Lead and manage tender submissions
5. Sales Reporting
ullet Identify budgets
ullet Record progress/activity in CRM system
ullet Monitor results of designated sales targets set by management
ullet Report to the Head of Sales & Marketing
6. Sales Management
ullet Key account management
ullet Regular meetings both face to face and virtually with clients
Activities to achieve the above will include: -
- Providing potential customers and clients with quotations and proposals
-Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales
- Representing the company or its clients at exhibitions, events, and demonstrations
- Identifying new markets and business opportunities
-Visiting potential and existing customers to develop business
-Building a LinkedIn network to promote and develop business
-To develop and maintain CRM system to retain an accurate and useful record
of our interactions and agreements with our partners
- Respond to project proposals from external partners, negotiating contractual
agreements and developing internal plans with colleagues to deliver the
-Be an active part of the Scotland and UK events market and community and
attend such events to promote the business and make connections
-Recording sales and liaising with events, client support services, and finance
to ensure that all necessary administration tasks are completed by the
-Contacting potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings.
- Researching organisations and individuals to find new opportunities.
-Increasing the value of current customers while attracting new ones.
-Setting goals and developing plans for business and revenue growth
- Researching, planning, and implementing new target market initiatives
- Researching prospective accounts in target markets
- Pursuing leads and moving them through the sales cycle
- Assist with setting goals for business development and developing strategies
to meet those goals
-Success and target driven. Motivated to exceed expectations
-Proven track record of sales and business development success
-Experience in CRM databases
-Experience of developing business-to-business relationships
-Strong business acumen and planning skills.
-Ability to manage own time effectively and focus on areas of maximum return
-Open minded and ideas driven, possessing the ability to articulate this
- IT proficient (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Proficient in utilising social media as a sales tool
-Confident to hold online meetings via zoom, Microsoft teams etc.
-Ability to work autonomously, Self-motivated
-Written and verbal skills are clear and concise
-Strong team player who can hit the ground running and take ownership of accounts
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and proven project management skills
- Is persistent and tenacious, demonstrating an ability to solve problems creatively
-Previous experience of working with within the UK healthcare
- Strong negotiation skills
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Share Purchase Scheme
- Company Profit related bonus
- Death in Service cover
- Company laptop and phone
The role will be predominantly field/remote based although there will also be a need to attend several events throughout the UK and regular HQ meetings. There may occasionally be the need to attend events in Europe. The post will require some flexibility to work outside normal working hours including evenings and at weekends as required by the business.