Long standing relationships
Zenopa develop strong working relationships with our clients, which means we understand their company and cultural values.
An excellent opportunity for a PhD educated scientist to enter their first commercial role with a global leader in the pioneering and manufacturing of high performance light measuring solutions!
Role: Applications & Product Specialist - OEM
Location: Europe (home based anywhere in the UK)
Reports to: Business Manager Physical Sciences & OEM
Are you driven and passionate about a career in the science industry? Are you excited by a role that blends scientific and technical expertise with the development of commercial acumen and product ownership?
Our client is an extremely innovative, dynamic and progressive technology company, at the cutting-edge of scientific research. We have a unique opportunity for product and market ownership within the field of advanced scientific detectors, with a focus on OEM market development.
OEM is a significant part of the company's growth strategy for their low light cameras, as well as other photonic components such as spectrographs, microscopy components, software and light sources. Their valued OEM customers develop instrumentation and photonics solutions across a wide range of areas, including rapid gene sequencing, optical cancer diagnostics, benchtop Raman instruments, drug discovery, digital pathology and pre-clinical in vivo imaging.
Main Function of the Job:
Part of the dynamic Product Management team, as Applications and Product Specialist your core objective is to implement and maintain a robust growth strategy across key segments of our business, with emphasis on developing domain expertise for OEM solutions. You will carry responsibilities for New Product Introduction (NPI), product life cycle management, strategy planning, business development, marketing, lead generation initiatives, sales training and inter-departmental activities relating to specified market areas, and you will build an outstanding degree of market intimacy.
Key Tasks & Duties:
- With guidance and support from the Physical Sciences and OEM Business Manager, develop and drive the growth strategy for the OEM business segment, meeting corporate goals for sales, service & profitability. Working together with the Business Manager, Head of Technology, Senior Engineering and Sales Management, you will formulate, present and implement a robust growth strategy, that reflects an exceptional degree of market intimacy.
- Generation of business cases for NPI projects, with clear responsibility for both revenue and profit margin growth.
- Liaising closely with OEM Sales Engineers globally (EMEA, Americas and APAC), manage the processes relating to Voice of Customer (VOC). Market intimacy is paramount; you will develop a keen awareness of customer goals and desires, and ensure that this firmly guides our NPI implementation, market development activities and marketing messaging.
- Assist in product portfolio management throughout the entire product life cycle. Continually act to drive a positive return within key markets. Feed into the product end-of-life process.
- Global pre-sales support of new OEM sales opportunities.
- Identify new OEM applications and potential customers; coordinate and lead business development activities to ensure they become the leading solution provider into these fields. - Produce and manage regular lead generation activities/resources and generate the sales and marketing tools necessary to meet agreed revenue objectives. Liaise with the Marketing Communications team to ensure a regular flow of fresh materials that are designed to elevate the brand amongst target customers operating within your defined application areas.
- Understanding and tracking our competitors' product introductions, market focus, pricing and tactics.
- Product Management representation of OEM product modifications. Ensure that solution-driven customer requests for variations of standard products have been properly qualified and translated to specific requirements, prior to communication to the engineering function.
- Conduct regular sales force training relating to specified market segments.
- Input into annual updates of the 5 year strategic roadmap and revenue forecasting.
- Travel worldwide as required by the role.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably requested from time to time by the Physical Sciences and OEM Business Manager.
Training & Education
Essential: Degree or equivalent in a Scientific or Engineering discipline.
Desirable: Postgraduate qualification, involving usage and comprehensive understanding of photon detectors.
Essential: Minimum 3 years' experience of scientific digital cameras in either an Academic Research, Product Management, OEM Sales or Engineering capacity.
Desirable (either of the below): 3 years' experience in roles that involved focus on Market Intimacy and Voice of Customer practices or Proven market development successes, ideally involving OEM markets (3 years' experience).
Zenopa operate a Quality Management System (QMS) and we're audited to ensure an excellent quality of service.
We thoroughly prepare you for all interviews and obtain full, constructive feedback after you've met the client.
Zenopa provide a constant service. There will always be someone at the end of the phone to answer your questions.
We will always provide you with honest, professional advice and fully understand your career needs.
Our Customer Service standards are extremely high. We are highly recommended by 96% of clients and 98% of candidates.
For a salary applicable to you, please liaise directly with your respective Zenopa consultant.
So that when internet jobs searches are undertaken, Zenopa generates a min and max salary range. This range is just an industry based estimate, it does not represent the clients internal salary bands.