The role is covered in the following locations: Edinburgh, Glasgow, Liverpool, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, York
Our client has been at the forefront of laboratory sciences and our aim has been to ensure we meet our customers' needs. Our innovation has been led by finding solutions to our customers challenges whether that be in developing products for improving efficiencies, making transportation of pathogens safe, or even supporting our customers to improve efficiencies.
We have reinvested in a strong infrastructure, 5 manufacturing and operations facilities, equipment, and people with the aim of building a better future for the healthcare industry. We have the capacity to meet global demand and as a business our growth which has been ten-fold has given us the ability to innovate and develop new products at a faster pace.
Client relationships and product quality are our top priority to drive growth. We're looking for a dedicated and personable Account Manager to maintain client accounts and serve as our main point of contact. The ideal candidate will have a passion for helping others and a drive for providing exceptional customer service. Applicants should also be proficient with audits, spreadsheets, quotation tools and CRM.
Our employees are the backbone of the business. We believe in diversity, inclusivity, and fairness within our teams. We encourage teamwork and provide training and support to all our employees.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Deliver and over delivery of the quarter and annual sales plan.
- Customer Facing role with planned regular sales visits to the customer sites creating and completing follow up actions.
- Reporting to the UK Sales Manager.
- Grow sales within specific allocated regions of the United Kingdom
- Identify and report on business-to-business opportunities in target markets or product categories.
- Maximise business opportunities, build a strong pipeline on the CRM and driving growth with every meeting.
- Support sales process by anticipating and resolving issues expediently.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of industry issues and competitive landscape.
- Represent customer interests in driving business strategy and management decisions.
- Maintain accurate sales records through our CRM.
- Liaise fully with the marketing team to design and execute short- and long-term marketing campaigns for the business-to-business revenue stream.
- Represent us at trade shows, conferences, and events, as appropriate.
- Manage and report on the sales budget.
- In addition to the main duties there will also be other ad hoc job-related tasks that will need to be actioned by you to support the running of the Company.
Management's Responsibilities to You:
- Support your self-discovery of solutions to problems.
- Work with you to further your knowledge and skills needed for you to perform your role to the best of your ability.
- Ensure you have the resources you need to achieve the goals.
- Keep you informed of the overall context of the parts of the company you are not directly involved in.
- Regular sales meetings and training
- Infield coaching for personal development.
You need to have or to develop skills and be proficient in the following areas:
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding quotas and receiving positive customer feedback.
- Strong business acumen
- Working knowledge of CRM systems and ability to use effectively for reporting and opportunity management.
- Microbiology or Medical Device Sales Experience preferred.
- Examples of managing complex customer needs over a large geographical area
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Professional, friendly, and approachable manner
- Good self-discipline
- Work cooperatively with executive management & colleagues to foster a positive company culture.
- Excellent problem-solving and presentation skills
- Commitment to over-achieving
Base Salary £35,000 - £43,000 + 30% Bonus
Company car - hybrid