Apply for this job Job Description
Job Location London
Job Reference 46365
or register now
for full details of this job.
Role: Deputy Editorial and Scientific Director
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
" To be responsible for the operational and line management of an editorial team
" To lead the editorial development and coordinate implementation of client communication programmes with a focus on key messages, content and overall quality of all materials
" To be responsible for team development and training, identifying training needs and coordinating support and development programmes where required, including induction programmes, progress monitoring and appraisal
" To lead and provide scientific/product/therapy area review and direct scientific content development and consistency in designated programmes within and across teams
" To review resource requirements and work with relevant colleagues to ensure satisfactory resourcing of allocated programmes
" Together with relevant colleagues in the company business units, to provide both tactical and strategic contribution, helping to build client and KOL advocacy and helping clients to fulfill their marketing and strategic objectives
" This will include writing and input into a wide range of printed and multimedia materials and mentoring of all writers within the project team
" Work closely with the Business Unit Head, London, to match resource requirements to programme needs
" Act as the primary editorial contact for the team on projects and programmes of work
" Responsible for the development and training of the assigned editorial team, identifying training needs and coordinating development programmes
" Help develop and implement strategic communications programmes in close collaboration with the client and client service teams
" Research, write (from brief and outline through to finished product), edit and proof copy to the highest standard (scientific and grammatical) for a full range of educational materials and target audiences
" Accurate and precise implementation of client/author amendments
" Mentor less experienced writers and contribute to training where appropriate
" Provide on-site expertise to meet client/company requirements including writing/editing/ production, faculty support, A/V, data gathering, general assistance
" Assist with and make presentations where necessary to clients, speakers, third party organisations
" Provide medical and scientific advice, expertise and consultancy in areas of main strength, internally and externally
" Establish, develop and maintain opinion leader relationships and advocacy
" Help in the use and management of freelance writers, including briefing and monitoring of projects being worked by freelance writers
" Together with the Directors, Client Services, to contribute proactively to new business development for existing and new clients. Assist in the development of proposals. Play an active role in preparation and delivery of pitches and presentations
" Science review and quality control of copy for other medical writers across the department
" Supporting team delivery of key tactical communications materialsPlease login or register now to see more details.
on his direct line +44 1494 818 017
or you can apply online.Apply for this job
Why use Zenopa Services?
- Zenopa has long standing relationships, we know who to talk to pursue your application and what level of follow up is acceptable by the employer, this enhances the opportunity of an interview.
- Clients are seeking specific information, frequently missed or buried in a CV, we can bring this information to the forefront, enhancing the opportunity of an interview.
- A CV can not shout the underlying competencies of some individuals for some roles, you need a consultant who has met you and has the relationship with the employer to put these competencies over so that you can secure the interview.
- Interview preparation is fundamental to securing the job of choice, the employer has a brief time to assess whether you have the knowledge and skills required, we can identify for you that knowledge and skill base - you then have to focus on evidencing that you have them.
- Moving jobs is said to be the second most stressful activity after moving house, our experience and feedback to you alleviates the stress build up.
- We can not secure you a role that is beyond your capabilities, however if you are capable we can enhance your chance of presenting your case. Further we can reduce your stress levels and act as a broker in frequently tricky package negotiations.