Apply for this job Job Description
Job Location Oxford
Job Reference 46335
or register now
for full details of this job.
Medical Writing and Editing:
Be aware of the stages of a project that may require medical writing, editing and proof-reading.
Confirm specification for each project (e.g. objectives, target audience, word count) with the Director as appropriate.
Work within the job specification, including time allocation and agreed budgets, flagging up any variances in advance to the account team.
Undertake writing of manuscripts as required by account teams. (N.B. "manuscript" refers to all types of writing work, including clinical papers and PowerPoint slides.)
Ensure writing work is of high scientific and literary standards and meets objectives.
Undertake research in the therapy area to allow effective writing.
Be aware of the editorial style required (OHW Med Ed/client/journal).
Highlight areas where feedback is required from client or author, so that any queries are clear to the account team and the client/author.
Provide sets of validated references as required, working in collaboration with the Account Executive on the account.
Understand the process of editing a manuscript (including illustrations, tables and references), journal proofs and printer colour proofs.
Develop an eye for detail and ensure consistency within and between relevant documents.
Incorporate editorial comments and solve queries to present a 'finished' final document to the account team.
Develop an understanding of the different types of proof-reading - rough reading and close reading - and when they should be used.
Learn proof-reading marks and use when appropriate.
Liaise with clients as required to progress tactics for which you hold responsibility.
Respond promptly to client requests.
Have full understanding of medical and marketing issues relating to the client, product and therapy area.
Understand the role medical education plays in the client's business environment.
Develop an understanding of journal procedures.
Become familiar with all key journals in each client's therapy area.
Use the Science Citations Index and Ullrich's to determine appropriate journals for particular publications.
Provide journal recommendations to the account team in a format suitable for use with the client.
Be aware of the sensitivity of an agency dealing with a publisher.
Account Management :
Responsibility for the timely, effective and efficient tactical implementation of selected projects, in consultation with your Manager.
Ensure effective updates are provided to the rest of your team and Manager on progress of your projects.
Contribute to team updates, programme planning and brainstorm meetings as required.
Working knowledge of procedures for different types of publication, including writing, editing, proof-reading, design, print, production, learned journal procedures and congress abstract procedures.
Answer incoming calls, transfer and take messages in accordance with company procedure, as required.
Ensure understanding and implementation of all company procedures and quality standards
Computer literacy - Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Reference Manager, PubMed.
Keep storage and work areas tidy.Person Profile
Ideally seeking expereinced medical writers preferably with a higher degree.
May take trainee
Please login or register now to see more details.
on his direct line +44 1494 818 017
or you can apply online.Apply for this job
Why use Zenopa Services?
- Zenopa has long standing relationships, we know who to talk to pursue your application and what level of follow up is acceptable by the employer, this enhances the opportunity of an interview.
- Clients are seeking specific information, frequently missed or buried in a CV, we can bring this information to the forefront, enhancing the opportunity of an interview.
- A CV can not shout the underlying competencies of some individuals for some roles, you need a consultant who has met you and has the relationship with the employer to put these competencies over so that you can secure the interview.
- Interview preparation is fundamental to securing the job of choice, the employer has a brief time to assess whether you have the knowledge and skills required, we can identify for you that knowledge and skill base - you then have to focus on evidencing that you have them.
- Moving jobs is said to be the second most stressful activity after moving house, our experience and feedback to you alleviates the stress build up.
- We can not secure you a role that is beyond your capabilities, however if you are capable we can enhance your chance of presenting your case. Further we can reduce your stress levels and act as a broker in frequently tricky package negotiations.