Editorial Team Leader
Apply for this job Job Description
Job Location London Docklands
Job Reference 44694
or register now
for full details of this job.
Title: Editorial Team Leader
Job Description: To ensure that a scientific strategic philosophy and a high professional standard of medical writing remains as the central element in all output of the company
To support the professional development of the junior medical writers within the team
The post holder will work very closely with members of the Leadership Team and Business Development Teams.
The post holder may also be required to carry out the role of Project Manager through the management of the early implementation of newly won business and other specific accounts as directed
o Responsible for recruitment of new and replacement of medical staff in line with company budget and forecasts, and with involvement of the Leadership Team
oWorking within the Medical Writing Teams in conjunction with Project Teams with a focus on allocated projects and Business Development
oProactive and productive maintenance of key client/opinion leader/society relationships
oContribution to the growth and shape of the company, through membership of management team
" To facilitate and encourage a high-quality scientific strategic approach underpinning all company activities including new and roll-on business proposals and on-going business proposals and on-going client programmes
" To ensure a professional, quality standard of work is maintained at all times, through effective editorial processes
" To provide leadership and guidance for members of the Medical Writing Team
" To manage, coach and mentor members of the Medical Writing Team, undertaking Personal Performance Reviews and setting goals and objectives
" To review key materials to ensure on-target, on-strategy, on-time and budget and of highest scientific quality and accuracy
" To provide the scientific and medical support to underpin successful project delivery
" To work with the business development team and contribute to new business proposals
" To develop and maintain professional relationships with clients and external opinion leaders, as required
" To develop expertise and knowledge across a range of therapeutic areas of projects, including an understanding of the science behind the marketing messages and strategy
" To assess the scope of assigned projects and identify the range and depth of written support necessary for achieving objectives
" To write/oversee high quality scientific copy aimed at the appropriate level for target audiences from specialists to sales representatives and lay audiences
" To develop a range of writing styles appropriate for a variety of media, e.g. scientific manuscripts, abstracts, PowerPoint slides, meeting reports, newsletters, training materials, websites, etc.
" To ensure quality assurance, high standards and scientific accuracy are maintained for all written materials
" To review the scientific copy of other medical writers as required
Package: Competitive dependant on experiencePerson Profile
Previous experience in MedComms Agency environment is essential
Please login or register now to see more details.
on his direct line +44 1494 818 017
or you can apply online.Apply for this job
Why use Zenopa Services?
- Zenopa has long standing relationships, we know who to talk to pursue your application and what level of follow up is acceptable by the employer, this enhances the opportunity of an interview.
- Clients are seeking specific information, frequently missed or buried in a CV, we can bring this information to the forefront, enhancing the opportunity of an interview.
- A CV can not shout the underlying competencies of some individuals for some roles, you need a consultant who has met you and has the relationship with the employer to put these competencies over so that you can secure the interview.
- Interview preparation is fundamental to securing the job of choice, the employer has a brief time to assess whether you have the knowledge and skills required, we can identify for you that knowledge and skill base - you then have to focus on evidencing that you have them.
- Moving jobs is said to be the second most stressful activity after moving house, our experience and feedback to you alleviates the stress build up.
- We can not secure you a role that is beyond your capabilities, however if you are capable we can enhance your chance of presenting your case. Further we can reduce your stress levels and act as a broker in frequently tricky package negotiations.